The ANTI-WEAR technology consists of systems to protect and repair surfaces against wear caused by erosion (friction), abrasion and cavitation.
This system is an elastomeric product that combines the efficiency and performance of vulcanized rubber coatings and the simple processing with the resistance of duplex Steel (stainless steel with similar proportions of ferrite and austenite).
Additionally, the innovative Cartridge Spray Application allows the product to be directly applied on-site – seamlessly, rapidly, and professionally. The use of highly functional coatings requires competent surface preparation. The surfaces to be coated must be dry, clean, free of grease and salt, and have a rough blasted surface profile (roughness greater than 100 microns).
Also, there is another presentation as ceramic compounds that is applied with trowel. Although very smooth surfaces are obtained, a superior finish is possible by machining.
This technology adheres to most substrates including steel, foundries, alloys, aluminium, bronze, rubber, concrete, wood and many plastics.
Secondarily, they have anticorrosive, antistatic, adherent / non-stick properties, thermal and electrical insulation and noise inhibition.
ANTI-WEAR technology has applications in many industries:
• Automotive Manufacturing
• Mining Industry and Mining Technology
• Naval, marine & offshore industry
• Pharmaceutical industry (apt according to FDA and EU standards)
• Foodstuff Processing (apt according to FDA and EU standards)
• Pulp & Paper
• Power Plant Technology
• Automation Technology (small parts)
• Glass processing and ceramics industry
• Plastic processing
• Chemical and petro-chemical industry
• Aeronautical Engineering
• Concrete production
• Metal foundries
• Clay or kaolin blades
• Pumps and turbines
• Technologies for processing and transport
• Wermann linings
• Sealing of leaks
• Access junctions
Rubber is a proven wear and corrosion protection technology; however, with seams that can fail, restricted repairability, and its equipment need for vulcanization, rapid in-situ lining is generally not possible. Epoxy ceramic products are often used when repairs need to be made, but replacing rubber with rigid plastic based composites is a questionable approach for an effective and homogeneous repair.
On the other hand, our ANTI-WEAR technology has the following advantages:
• Fast and homogeneous application
• Application “in situ” and without seams
• Quick commissioning
• Thickness of the coating of 0.4 mm to a few millimeters
• Solidification without tensions, it does not crack or detach
• Better surface finishes
• Great durability
• Applicable in all environmental conditions
• Not need subsequent heat treatment