Zydex technology offers a revolutionary set of nanotechnology-based solutions that make it water and moisture resistant, durable and maintenance-free.
Our additives for asphalt mixes allow a faster paving process and better characteristics, which translates into time and cost savings for our customers. This technology allows asphalt mixtures to be used in extreme weather conditions.
These innovative technologies based on Nanotechnology can be used in all sublayers of a typical pavement and effectively eliminate the damage caused by water, increasing the design life of the road.
To achieve this goal, 4 technologies are offered for the different layers of the road:
• Asphalt Layer
Zycotherm: Multipurpose additive for asphalt. Optimizes the paving and compaction process, achieving an excellent workability of the mixture. Essentially, improves the aggregate-asphalt bonding. Additive for warm mixtures (WMA)
• Bases, Subbases and Subgrades.
Terrasil: soil stabilizer additive. It makes the compaction easier and provides a higher density to the soil, achieving a waterproofing soil mass.
Zycobond: Cohesive additive for soil. It generates an increase in the cohesion of the soil particles, especially the fine ones, providing a higher resistance and ductility to the stabilized soil and increasing the resilience parameters.
FRI technology: FRI technology combines the use of TERRASIL, ZYCOBOND and traditional cement to achieve a waterproofing, flexible and high resistance stabilization.
ZycoTherm (ZT) is a liquid additive based on nanometric organosilanes that is added to the asphalt before it mixes with the aggregates to produce the asphalt concrete (AMF).
As a multipurpose asphalt additive, it optimizes the paving and compaction process, achieving an excellent workability of the mixture. In addition, it essentially improves the aggregate-asphalt bonding. Additive for warm mixtures (WMA).
As a consequence, ZT makes pavements resistant to:
• Moisture, since it promotes the chemical bonding in the aggregate interface.
• Oxidation, since it allows a complete coating.
• Fatigue Loading, since it facilitates consistent compaction when paving.
• Pothole free pavements: The substantial improvement obtained in the bonding of the asphalt eliminates problems of aggregate peeling or raveling in the asphalt layer.
• Greater workability: ZT allows a wide range of work even in aggressive weather conditions. As a warm mix promoter additive (WMA), it allows lower mixing temperatures (by 10 and 15 ºC lower) and lower compaction temperatures (by 30 and 40 ºC lower) reaching consistent compaction.
• Enhaced Cleaning: Cleaning costs of tanks and equipments decrease by reducing the adherence of the asphalt mixtures to the metal parts of the equipment.
Terrasil is a liquid additive stable against UV rays an heat, based on nanometric organosilanes, that is used to stablize soil. Since it is soluble in water, it can be incorporated into the soil through the compaction water during the typical road construction process.
The use of Terrasil has the following benefits:
• Fully waterproof soils.
• Higher densities of compaction.
• Improves the values of CBR%, keeping the values in dry, even in immersion conditions.
• Reduces the permeability of the package, keeping its breathability.
• Restricts soil expansiveness and swelling below <5%.
• Longer road life.
Terrasil does not require special road equipment for its application, it is suitable for use with cold recyclers and soil stabilizers.
Zycobond is a liquid additive stable against UV rays an heat, based on nano sized acrylic co-polymers, that promotes cohesion. Since it is soluble in water, it can be incorporated into the soil through the compaction water during the typical road construction process.
The use of Zycobond has the following benefits:
• Increase the cohesion of the soil particles, especially the fine ones, through flexible mechanical bonding within the structure of the soil.
• Increase soil resilience and durability.
• Reduces the emission of road dust.
• Longer road life.
Zycobond does not require special road equipment for its application, it is suitable for use with cold recyclers and soil stabilizers.
The combined use of TERRASIL, ZYCOBOND and the traditional cement allows the development of high-performance and waterproof stabilizations, with demanding parameters of resistance and durability while it preserves the flexibility and resilience of the soils.
The FRI technology can be applied in two ways:
TERRASIL and ZYCOBOND can be used to carry out the waterproof protection of structural / stabilized packages, already executed or to be executed, by generating waterproof layers of up to 15mm, knocking out the incidence of rainwater and capillary moisture on the road.